We have extensive experience working with small companies and SMEs. We understand the challenges faced by business owners and entrepreneurs and focus on strategic planning and commercial solutions. This includes:
• Company set up – including incorporation, share capital, articles of association
• Shareholder agreements – including the shareholdings for different groups such as founders, investors and employees
• Remuneration of directors and employees. Including EMI and bonus schemes
• Management of workforce – director service contracts and restrictive covenants, all other aspects of employment law and HR Adivce
• Handling investors and securing SEIS and EIS tax reliefs
• Corporate restructuring and re-financing, negotiations and agreement review
• Corporate transactions including purchases and share buyback
• Commercial contracts
• Agreeing business valuations for commercial and tax purposes
• Entrepreneurs’ relief and other tax implications
• Finding solutions to shareholder and partnership disputes
We deal with a broad range of media businesses including a variety of film and televisions companies. We provide access to advice and legal services that include:
• Setting up SPVs and structuring projects in the most commercially prudent manner
• Drafting investment agreements to fund those projects
• Reviewing associated commercial agreements
• Protecting the use of data, information and intellectual property
• Resolving disputes
• Film production legal services
• Film finance legal services
A number of our clients are entrepreneurs and we have considerable experience in providing the commercial support that is required to allow them to focus on the creative side of the business.
We also have considerable experience dealing with:
• Devising and setting up the structure of the business to protect the interests of shareholders.
• Dealing with the fund raising process, including structuring and drafting investment agreements.
• SEIS and EIS and obtaining the requisite assurance from HMRC regarding tax relief.
• Protection of business ideas and intellectual property.
We are currently working alongside a number of innovative and cutting edge companies involving: Block chain technology, edge computing and crypto currencies.
We understand the challenges of cutting edge business and the regulatory challenges inherent in these areas.
Specialist barristers can help assist you in identifying the challenges and risks within these sectors and adapting your business model accordingly to mitigate risk.
This proactive approach provides reassurance, allowing you to focus on business and product development.