The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). All businesses responsible for using personal data, must follow strict ‘data protection principles’. All businesses must ensure that all personal data information is: used fairly, lawfully and transparently.
The General Data Protection Regulation is the legislation to regulate the protection of Data across the European Union, which came into effect on the 25th May 2018.
The Legislation provides a balance between individual rights and orgainisational necessity.
Our GDPR and Data Protection services have been designed to help our clients meet and continue to be compliant with the GDPR. These services include:
• Data Protection legal reviews
• Data Protection legal impact assessments
• Data Protection and HR impact considerations
• Internal GDPR policy drafting and implementation
• External GDPR policy drafting and implementation
• Active consent assessments
• Data protection officer (“DPO”) services